Quarantine got you feeling cooped up and needing something cozy to eat? I’ve got you covered. This yummy (and super easy!) minestrone soup recipe is the perfect fix for these difficult times.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 bag frozen mirepoix (onion, celery, carrot)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 32-oz. container low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can 15.5-oz can garbanzo beans
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach (can substitute with kale)
- 1 cup gluten free filini noodles
Here’s what you need to do:
Prep your veggies…
- Mince garlic
- Roughly chop spinach
- If not using mirepoix, finely dice onion, celery, and carrot.
Prep your stovetop…
- Heat large drizzle olive oil in large pot. Add mirepoix. Stir occasionally until softened. Add garlic, Italian herb seasoning, and salt + pepper to taste. Stir approximately 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, veggie broth, and garbanzo beans to the pot. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in spinach and filini noodles and cook per instructions, approximately 4 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese.